All you Need to Know About Rhinoplasty
One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures available today, the ‘nose job’ as it is known in the industry is performed by top-rated plastic surgeons around the world. Many Asian women are unhappy with the shallow bridge of their nose and with non-invasive surgical procedure, it is possible to improve the shape of your nose.
- The Initial Examination – If a woman wishes to undergo natural nose augmentation (called ศัลยกรรมจมูกธรรมชาติ in Thai), the first step is to source a reputable plastic surgeon, and your best friend Google will surely come to your aid, with a list of local clinics. Spend some time browsing the websites, as this can give you an insight into the clinic and the procedures they offer. A typical request from a Thai female would be to have a more prominent bridge and a narrower nose, and the introductory examination allows the specialist to see what is possible; the surgeon would also use this opportunity to make sure the patient fully understands the risks – as with all surgery – and should the patient be in agreement, a schedule is set for the operation.
- Open Rhinoplasty – This is often the favoured method for the plastic surgeon, who makes tiny incisions into the thin piece of soft tissue between the nostrils, and is called open because it does not involve going into the nostrils. With a skilled plastic surgeon at the helm, there are not likely to be any visible scars and complications with rhinoplasty are rare, and if you happen to live in or around Bangkok, you have some of the best plastic surgeons on your doorstep, working in state-of-the-art clinics, plus prices are very reasonable.
- Closed Rhinoplasty – The closed procedure involves cutting into the inner nostril tissue, which allows easy access to cartilage and bone, and perhaps most importantly, there are no scars with this form of rhinoplasty. When the goal is to build up the nasal structure, the surgeon would use the closed method, while open rhinoplasty is preferred when reducing the size of the nose.
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty – On rare occasions, when the patient requires very slight alterations, the desired result can be achieved without surgery, and this painless procedure usually involves dermal filler that is injected into a very specific location. There is much less downtime with non-surgical treatment, as you would expect, and most patients can resume normal life the following day.
- Swelling – It is perfectly natural for tissue to swell when manipulated, so there is a period of swelling that could range from 10 days to a couple of months, depending on the treatment. The surgeon would make you fully aware of past-op downtime and give you a list of do’s and don’ts, which should be adhered to.
Do Some Online Research
It really does help if you fully understand exactly what is involved with rhinoplasty, and the Internet is a great place for free resources, and in a few hours, you will have a deeper understanding of the two main processes, then you can begin your search for the right clinic.
Providing you do your research and fully understand the risks, re-shaping your nose can really improve your appearance.
Comments are closed.